Rates are provided during scheduled tours of the venue. English Newsom Cellars is open for tours by appointment only Tuesdays – Fridays. We do our best to offer private tours to all of our visitors. If you must cancel or change times, we appreciate at least 24-hours notice.
Please contact us to schedule a tour.
English Newsom Cellars operates the tasting room during scheduled business hours Tuesday – Saturday. Our tasting room will close 1 hour prior to your scheduled event start time.
Note: Additional charges apply for event early start times.
*All Rates are based on a 12-hour time block including set-up & break-down, for events up to 4 hours in duration with up to 250 guest. All rates may change based on certain holidays, special events, and size of event. Rates do not include applicable tax.
What is included in the rental?
– Exclusive use of the event facilities during the hours of your scheduled event
– Event set-up beginning at 12:00 PM (noon) on the day of your event
– Exclusive use of the bride and groom dressing areas for the duration of the 12-hour rental period
– On-Site Manager available to answer questions
– Two security guards. Additional required for events with more than 250 guest
– One, one-hour rehearsal prior to your scheduled event based on availability, must be scheduled in advance
– One two-hour bridal portrait or engagement photo session prior to your event date, based on availability, must be scheduled in advance
– One two-hour vendor meeting prior to event date, based on availability, must be scheduled in advance
– Complementary use of the English Newsom Cellars rental equipment including 18, 60” round tables, 200 folding chairs, and one layer of linen for tables. (One Set-up and break-down is included. Additional set-up available for added cost.)
What is required for booking?
To confirm and book a date, we require a signed contract, 50% of the rental rate, and a $1,000 refundable damage deposit. The 12-hour block of time begins at 12:00 PM (noon), and ends at 12:00 AM (midnight).
All times include set-up and break-down. All vendors must be completely broken down and exit the property no later than 12:00 AM.
Do you have preferred vendors?
We can provide a list of preferred vendors. While we do not require the use of our preferred vendors we do recommend them as they have worked with the venue and management previously.
Can we have events in the vineyard?
Yes! The vineyard is included in the rental. However, as this is an outdoor area and a rain plan is required.
The Estate Malbec vines begin budding in early April. You can expect full canopy by the end of May with fruit becoming visible. As the fruit begins to mature through the summer months netting is required over the canopy to protect the fruit from birds and other animals. We see significantly more activity from the birds as the fruit begins to mature leading up to harvest. Please keep this in mind when booking your event. Harvest can begin as early as August through September depending on weather conditions. Following harvest the vines are pruned from the branches in preparation for the next growing season.
Do you allow tenting?
Yes. There are several areas on the 20 acre grounds to support tenting for events of any size.
Can we bring in alcohol?
No. English Newsom Cellars operates under a TABC (Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission) winery permit. Under TABC law NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL is allowed on our property.
Wine is sold under a TABC winery permit and will only be served by TABC certified employees.
Beer can be sold by a TABC certified third-party supplier approved by English Newsom Cellars. Additional set-up and vendor charges apply. Liquor is strictly prohibited at all times on our property.
Do you have sound restrictions?
Out of courtesy to our neighbors, any amplified outdoor music (live or DJ) must end by 10:30 PM. All music (indoor and outdoor) must at all times be at a decibel level of 80 or below.