We are a hospitality business and we want to do that in a safe and responsible way and hopefully add a little bit of joy to people’s lives through wine.
Therefore, we have created multiple ways for us to connect during this uncertain time.
We want to safely welcome our customers back. Our ongoing commitment to protect our employees and customers is our top priority. Due to the spike in cases we will only be offering wine by the bottle and it will be served in plastic cups.
Your safety is our top priority!
•Hand sanitizer stations are placed near every entrance.
• Face coverings are required for all employees and strongly encouraged for all customers entering our business.
• At-risk persons should stay at home as much as possible.
• We are practicing 6 foot social distancing protocols throughout the business
• All employees are trained on appropriate cleaning and disinfection protocols, hand hygiene, and respiratory etiquette.
• Employees must use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon entering work. It is strongly recommended employees use hand sanitizer or wash their hands between customers.
• Cashiers must use hand sanitizer or wash their hands between each customer.
• Forehead temperature scans and health survey of all employees are taken prior
to every shift. Employees and volunteers who answer affirmatively to any questions on the health survey, or who have a temperature in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit, will be sent home.
• Frequently used work areas and touch points will be cleaned and sanitized in 30 minute intervals.
We are taking affirmative steps to comply with all public health regulations, sanitation guidelines and
codes applicable to our industry.
Throughout history it has been the people and businesses that decide to overcome the tragedies that make America what it is today and will be in the future.
We are honored to be able to share in this time of need and will continue to stand behind the vision, mission and values of our company.
From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for your continued support of English Newsom Cellars and anticipate raising a glass with you soon. Come see what Texas tastes like!Come see what Texas tastes like!
COVID-19 has impacted the world, over the past few weeks and we have seen the virus spread to our country, our great state of Texas, to surrounding cities and now it is in our communities. This is a virus unlike any other in our lifetime. The shortage of medical supplies and hand sanitizer are a concern for everyone.
Many people are questioning if our communities will ever be the same after COVID-19.
We believe it is up to businesses large and small to do things that will better their customers, communities and country until this difficult time passes. Therefore, English Newsom Cellars is donating 1,000 gallons of wine to Hye Rum to be distilled by Hill Country Distillers into hand sanitizer. Our goal is for the hand sanitizer to be rapidly deployed to areas that need it most.
English Newsom Cellars is located in Lubbock, Texas
Hye Rum is located in Hye, Texas
Hill Country Distillers is located in Comfort, Texas
We value our employees and love their big hearts. We want to thank Roman Marcus, the production manager at English Newsom Cellars for presenting this great idea to us. We encourage everyone to do their part in combating COVID-19.
We are honored to be able to share in this time of need.